Translate

Friday, August 9, 2013

Simplicity 1613 - Pattern Review


I actually made this top months ago, I just didn't blog about it.  I had made it for the Girl Charlee chevron fabric contest and as part of the sew-a-long for Project Sewn (but I didn't complete my outfit in time to enter it in the sew-a-long competition).

When I first saw Simplicity 1613 I loved the design of the top and based on the picture of the model I thought the cut out placement wouldn't be too low...but I was wrong!  I was pregnant when I made the top so I didn't get to try it on until recently and the cut out is too sexy for me.  I think this top would be more flattering on a woman with "C" cups or smaller, but that's just my two cents.


Now on to the review...the pattern was straight forward and easy to follow but very time consuming.  I managed to get the criss-cross part done one evening while Nik took a 4 hour nap.  The top part does call for lining so that also took some time.  I like the pattern (I wish it worked for me), I would say my only critique is that it is time consuming and the length is a little too long.




  

No comments: