I actually made this top months ago, I just didn't blog about it. I had made it for the Girl Charlee chevron fabric contest and as part of the sew-a-long for Project Sewn (but I didn't complete my outfit in time to enter it in the sew-a-long competition).
When I first saw Simplicity 1613 I loved the design of the top and based on the picture of the model I thought the cut out placement wouldn't be too low...but I was wrong! I was pregnant when I made the top so I didn't get to try it on until recently and the cut out is too sexy for me. I think this top would be more flattering on a woman with "C" cups or smaller, but that's just my two cents.
Now on to the review...the pattern was straight forward and easy to follow but very time consuming. I managed to get the criss-cross part done one evening while Nik took a 4 hour nap. The top part does call for lining so that also took some time. I like the pattern (I wish it worked for me), I would say my only critique is that it is time consuming and the length is a little too long.