Translate

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

DIY Glitter Starbucks Tumbler


I've seen the Starbucks Cold Cup Glitter tutorial and I thought to myself, "I can make that but easier"...so here's my tutorial for ya!

To start with, you need an empty Create-Your-Own Starbucks Collage It Tumbler. 

I stole this from Starbuck's website...our little secret ;)
Other Supplies:
  • Glitter Scrapbook Paper (The scrapbook paper that I found was very thick and difficult to roll up, I don't recommend buying cardstock like paper, thin paper is best.)
  • Pictures and/or stickers
  • Super Glue
  • Scissors
  • Pen/Pencil

Tutorial:
1.  Remove the insert from the tumbler and trace the outline on the back of your glitter paper.  Cut out your new background and try it in the tumbler, to make sure it will fit.  I originally cut mine too long and I couldn't screw the bottom back on.

See the bottom, the paper is too long!
2.  Once you have the proper size for your new insert, you can start decorating your glitter paper (I tried using double sided sticky tape but it wasn't strong enough to hold the pictures when the paper was rolled up, so I ended up using super glue).
3.  Cautiously insert your newly decorated insert (be careful not to snag any of the decorations).  
4.  Enjoy your new tumbler!!


Wasn't that easy?  No glue or messy glitter needed to make this awesome tumbler!




No comments: