Translate

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Love Notions Hip Hop Tank Pattern Review


I bought this pattern as part of a pattern bundle.  I had originally intended to make a summer tank but I didn't get around to making it.  I pushed this pattern to the side and didn't think about it until I went fabric shopping and found workout fabric at JoAnn's.  I was really excited about my find and I thought I would try making my own workout clothes (using this pattern) since I had started doing more exercise.

I cut out the pattern according to the measurements and went to work.  I opted to use the same fabric and not make a contrasting panel in the back.  The top came together quickly and I cut complimenting black rib knit fabric for the neck band.  If I remember correctly, I cut a 24" inch length and stretched it to fit the neck.


To finish the top I used my coverstitch machine on the hem and I topstitched along the neck.



This shirt is a great addition to my workout gear.  I like the loose fit for gym days or running errands.  You can see the straps of my sports bra but it doesn't bother me...the straps of my normal bra don't show.

Overall I really like the pattern and I plan to make some more variations.    #winning

No comments: