Translate

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Project of the Moment - Like Father, Like Son


The Hubby's Shorts New Look 6951
I made the hubby a pair of shorts and I thought it would be cute to make a matching pair for the baby.  I used my handy dandy Fishsticks Designs pattern and made similar little shorts for Nik.  Originally the shorts were going to be a surprise for the husband because I thought he would be thrilled to have a real life mini-me, but the surprise was ruined when he walked in on me making them...face palm.  Since the surprise was ruined I asked him if I should make them identical and add a drawstring waist with elastic and he said no, so I stayed true to the original pattern.

I cut out the shorts in a size 3T and I hemmed them per the pattern instructions.  I figured you can't go wrong on the length of shorts so now I have my first completely finished pair of shorts/pants using this pattern.

Front View
Waist Band and Pockets
Back View
My label and size label...I can't tell you how much I love the size labels.
After I photographed my husband's short, I photographed these shorts while Nik was in his baby pool.   All of a sudden Nik started screaming and reaching toward the shorts.  My husband told me, "He knows that those are for him"  So I quickly finished taking pictures and handed over the shorts so he could have them with him in his pool.  I'm sure you can imagine what he did next...yup, he got them all wet.  :)




No comments: