Translate

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Persimmon Sundress Pattern Review


*This is a late post, I made this 7 or 8 months ago.*

I have been dying to make this dress, but the amount of pieces made it seem overwhelming.  As a result, the pattern sat collecting dust for a year.  We go to the local Air Force base a lot and my children love the airplane, so I wanted to make a fun outfit to incorporate the ABU print and the Air Force fabric.  After flipping through my pattern library I re-discovered the Persimmon Pattern (by Mouse House Creations) and I thought it would be perfect for mixing my prints (in a not so obvious way).

The pattern instructions are very clear and easy to follow.  My biggest problem was that I didn't pay attention to the instructions and I only pintucked the front.  Also, I feel this pattern might run small, I had to size up to a 4T for my 20 month old daughter (who typically wears 3T in other patterns). 


This pattern does have a lot of pieces (not to mention the lining) but it all comes together quickly and you get a very professional looking garment.  In fact, I'm in love with the dress...it looks great from the inside and the outside!

#aimhigh


    

No comments: