Translate

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Project of the Moment

Shortly after my son was born I thought I could jump back into sewing again.  I took a break from sewing for 7 years because I didn't have the time or the space to sew.  It was a very long and uncreative time in my life.  Anyway, while on maternity leave I went crazy and I started going to JoAnn's to buy fabric for projects.

One such project was based off of pre-quilted fabric I found at JoAnn Fabric's.  I thought it would be a quick and easy blanket that I could make using my serger.  As it turns out my serging skills aren't as great as I thought when it comes to large items.  Skirts and other small things are no problem, but I couldn't feed the fabric in straight so it came out crooked.  Yeah, it sucked, so I just put it to the side and said I'd come back to it later.  Well it is finally later! (months later)


I was able to trim it and make it even again using a rotary cutter I bought on Monday.  I didn't realize I was missing out but this baby is awesome!  It sliced through both layers of fabric like a hot knife through butter!


Here is the information for the rotary cutter in case you want one of your own.  



Happy Sewing!!!

No comments: