Translate

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Brother's College Themed Party

Before my brother started college we hosted a farewell party for him and made all the desserts and decorations Harvard themed.  Although I didn't do the work, I thought I would share details of the party with you since the crafts were my idea.

For the cupcake towers we bought disposable Wilton cardboard towers from Walmart and I added musical washi tape (because my brother was a band nerd).  

Red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting


I thought it would be super cute to make mini pennants as cupcake toppers so I bought felt and puffy paint.  My brother and my cousin cut, glued and wrote these pennants, aren't they cute?

I also made music note confetti, can you see it?
The sugar cookies I made for Nik's birthday were very popular so we made them again and used red food coloring.  

"Harvard Bound" Sugar Cookies
The party was a huge success and people loved the little Harvard details.

No comments: