The moment I saw this pattern I fell in love!
After I bought the pattern I joined the Mabel sew-a-long and I planned to make a printed summer skirt, but then I realized I needed to make a second skirt to wear under the Cascade Skirt (for coverage reasons). I'll share more on the Cascade Skirt in a different post. I made the printed skirt out of a ponte roma knit and the the plain skirt out of jegging material. I followed the pattern directions, except I used my coverstitch machine to sew the lining to the seam allowance. I should not have done that, because it decreased the stretch in my waistband. I can still slip the skirts on so it doesn't bother me, however I know better for next time...stitch the lining down on the sides (in the ditch)!
On a totally unrelated note, I have been having issues with my Elna 444 coverstitch machine. When I get to a side seam, the stitches skip. I tried playing with the thread tension and the foot tension but the stitches still skipped when I got to the bulky side seams. I redid the hem of the pink skirt 3 times because there were too many skipped stitches and I knew that the skirt wouldn't last 3 washes. I finally searched online to try and find a solution. I found a great suggestion on a forum, which suggested using woolly nylon. I didn't have matching thread so I only switched out my needle thread. I did notice less skipped stitches so I left the hem in this time. #muchannoying #verytrouble #suchlaborious #endofrant
I love this skirt and I'm already dreaming up more variations!