Please note that I did change this recipe a little but not too much. I simply reduced the amount of pumpkin required.
This recipe has three parts: the crust, the filling and the topping so I will list all the ingredients below and tell you how much to use in each part of the recipe.
- 1 package of Pillsbury Yellow Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup of butter (1/2 cup for the crust and 1/4 cup for the topping)
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Baking spray or grease
- 15 oz can of pumpkin
- Spray or grease the bottom of your 13x9 inch pan. If you are using glass, I'm pretty sure you can skip this step.
- Set aside 1 cup of yellow cake mix to use later for the topping.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the remaining cake mix, 1/2 cup of melted butter and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Once everything is mixed, press the mixture into the bottom of your pan. I find that using a spatula helps spread it somewhat evenly.
- Combine the 2/3 cup of milk, 2 eggs and the 15 oz can of pumpkin (the original recipe calls for 3 cups of pumpkin pie mix or a 1 lb 14 oz can, but I only use a 15 oz can), blend mixture until smooth.
- Evenly distribute the filling over the crust.
- Combine the 1 cup of cake mix, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 cup of butter.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the filling.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until thoroughly baked. To check if it is thoroughly baked you can use a knife or a toothpick and put it in the center of the pan, if it comes out clean then it is cooked. After it is baked, let it cool and add a little whip cream on top.
Right click the image below and save to print the recipe card