Translate

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Project of the Moment - Almost There!

I just have a few more projects left before I'm done with all my Sewing for Kids lessons.  The pinafore I made took me longer than I had hoped and I wasn't satisfied with the way the eased hem came out.



For the back I opted to use velcro instead of buttons.  After spending all that time making the pinafore I was NOT going to risk messing it up while trying to make button holes.



In case you didn't know, the double skirt is quickly becoming one of my favorite things to make.  I love mixing the prints and for little girls you can get away with some fun combinations.  I made this double skirt for my cousin's little girl.





I really want to dedicate the end of June to finishing up my class projects so I can start sewing some projects from my ever growing queue.  I have about 5 more projects left and I need to go back and try to make another shirt...maybe I'll try a short sleeve version this time.

Here's what I have left to sew for my class:
  1. Overmost (same as overalls)
  2. Bib 
  3. Bonnet
  4. Reversible jacket
  5. Dress (I plan to give this as a gift for my friend's daughter)

No comments: