Translate

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pasta alla Igor



I'm not a chef but I do enjoy cooking and trying out new recipes.  A few weeks ago I was getting ready to make lunch and I looked to see what we had to cook.  I was out of a few ingredients for my normal stand by dishes so I improvised and came up with my own recipe.  I call it Pasta alla Igor...I know it's a strange name but I decided to name it after my brother-in-law who rarely uses recipes and just mixes together ingredients he thinks will be good together.

I hope you enjoy the recipe!


Prep Time:
10
Cook Time:
40
Ready In:
50

Servings  

6
Ingredients
  • 6 Large Asparagus Stems
  • 1 Cup Heavy Cream
  • 1/2 Onion Chopped
  • 3/4 Cup of Peas (Frozen or Canned)
  • 2 Chicken Breasts (Optional 1 TSP of Butter for Cooking Chicken)
  • 1 TSP of Butter
  • 12 OZ Box of Medium Shell Pasta
  • 3 Quarts of Water

Directions

  1. Cook Chicken Breast as preferred (I use 1 TSP of melted butter in a skillet and cook thoroughly).
  2. Add 3 quarts of water to a large pan and allow to boil. Once the water has started to boil, add the pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes. After the pasta has cooked, drain the pasta and return it to the pan.
  3. Cut the asparagus stems 1" from the bottom and discard the end. Cut the remaining stem into thirds (or smaller).
  4. Using a steamer, add (frozen) peas and asparagus stems into pot and let steam for 3-4 minutes or until soft. After the vegetables have softened, remove from heat and cover.
  5. Once the Chicken is cooked, chop it into small bite sized pieces.
  6. After chopping the chicken, chop half an onion into small pieces.
  7.  In a large sauce pan, add 1 TSP of butter and allow to melt. Once the butter has melted, add the chopped onion. Continually stir onion until cooked (and turns translucent).
  8. After the onion is cooked, add 1 cup heavy cream and stir. Add vegetables and chopped chicken. Leave on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir in 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese. Cover sauce pan and remove from heat.
  9. Allow sauce to sit for 2 minutes then mix with pasta.



No comments: