Translate

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

When Sewing Goes Wrong...

I typically read and re-read pattern instructions to make sure I am sewing properly (because I hate using my seam ripper!), but I got carried away and excited and I accidentally sewed shut the casing for the elastic...doh!

Although it doesn't look like it, I did try to steam this!  :(
I didn't want to unpick the seams because I had already used my serger and trimmed off the excess fabric so I decided it was time to try something I've been wanting to try for a while...sewing with elastic in the bobbin.  I was nervous but I figured that if I screwed up really bad then I could just make another baby dress (after all they don't require a lot of fabric).

I am very pleased with the result of the dress and I think the slight ruffle adds to the style of the dress, I just hope the neck isn't too big.

This dress was made using this pattern: Sweet Little Baby Dress by Leila and Ben

No comments: