Translate

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

KCW Spring 2013 Day 2

#kcwspring2013 #sewing #distractions


Woo hoo!  I finished a pair of shorts!!  I did cheat a little by cutting out my fabric over the weekend, but that's not what counts, right?  ;)

This is the 4th time that I have used this pattern and I still love it!  You can check out my other creations here, here and here.  For these shorts I decided to leave off the cargo pockets and the back pockets, I thought the madras print had a lot going on already.

When I showed Nik his new shorts he grabbed my arm and lifted his leg so he could step into them...silly baby.  After I removed the shorts he was wearing so he could try on his new ones, he immediately stuck his hand inside his pocket.  Pockets are his newest discovery so he enjoys looking in my husband's pockets to see what he can find.  I still have a lot of fabric left over so I'll be making my husband a pair of matching shorts.

For day 2 I'm planning on making a little fur vest for the baby using Kate's pattern and tutorial.  I know it's not really spring/summer clothing, but I couldn't help myself!  :)


No comments: