Translate

Monday, April 22, 2013

KCW Spring 2013 Day 1




I've watched others participate in Kids Clothes Week and now I'm joining in the fun!  This season KCW is from April 22nd-29th and the goal is to sew kids clothes for 1 hour each day.  My normal sewing time is around 15-30 minutes a day (my sewing room is next to the kitchen, so I can sew while I'm making dinner), so an hour is a long time for me.

When Meg from Elise Marley made the KCW week announcement I got started on making a list of things that have been sitting in my sewing queue.  Here is my list:

1. The Inside or Out Pocket Shorts by Fishstick Designs
2. Baby Geranium Dress by Rae
3. Little Fur Vest by Kate
4. McCall's M6493 or Muscle Tee by Made (I have to check the fit)
5. Newborn Rockin' Baby Gown
6. Basic Tee by Made

I got a head start on Friday by taping and cutting out half of the patterns.  On Saturday I cut the fabric for the  first three items.  If you look at my list you will notice that half of the patterns call for woven fabrics and the other half call for knits.  I am hoping to tackle the knits at the end of the week so I don't have to keep switching my serger thread!

My posts will be a little delayed because I'm posting in real time...we shall see how it goes but I might not be able to post my progress each day.  Are you participating in KCW?

No comments: