Translate

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Penelope Peplum - Pattern Review

I love peplums and I was sad that I could never find a top that looked good on me.  I had fit issues with RTW peplum tops because the peplum would fall above or below my natural waist and it'd throw off my proportions.  I contemplated making my own but I was too lazy to trace a paper pattern from any of the big pattern companies (ain't nobody got time for that), so I accepted the fact that I'd never own a peplum top.

Needless to say I was thrilled when I found Kate's pattern, even if I was a little late to the party...the point is I still made it ;)




The top came together with ease and everything was going well until I got to the facing.  I ended up topstitching around the entire neckline to help the facing stay put however it still raises up a little.  I think I'll try fusible interfacing the next time I try this pattern.


I also made the Pippa version of this pattern and I love it!!!  So dang cute!!!


No comments: