Translate

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Summer PJs - Free Sewing Patterns

I love this seahorse print!
A few weeks ago I went shopping for summer PJs for Nik and I was disappointed when I realized that the cheapest price for 3 pairs would be close to $60.  I thought that was a little much for PJs that will probably only fit this summer, so I decided to make some (not like a have a shortage of fabric in my stash).

I pulled out some knit fabric from my stash and used two Fishsticks Designs Patterns.  For the tank I used the Tank Pattern and for the shorts I used the Mud Puddle Splasher Shorts Pattern.  Both patterns are well written and easy to follow.  These patterns are great for beginners sewing with knits.

I'm really loving how these summer PJs turned out!  If you are looking for more PJ patterns, you can check out these by Fishsticks Designs.


On a side note, this tank pattern is so much easier to sew than the McCall's Pattern that I tried last year during Kid's Clothes Week Spring 2013 (here and here).      

No comments: