Translate

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Simplicity 2292 Pattern Review

Front View
This pattern has quite a few great fall/winter clothes options however I only sewed the pants for my son.  I cut them out in a size 4T and they sat on my sewing table for months, so I'm glad I finally finished them.  It drives me nuts when I look at my sewing table and I see a half finished project or a stack of fabric that I was supposed to make something with...enough of my ranting.  When I made these  pants I left out the D ring on the side, because putting that on my toddler's pants would be a disaster.  I could imagine him attempting to tie anything he can find to that little D ring, so I left it off.
Back View
The instructions are pretty straight forward except for the part about sewing the fly.  I really think pattern companies need to be more descriptive about their patterns.  I wasn't sure if I was sewing a faux fly or a real fly.  There aren't instructions for a button or a zipper and I didn't really feel like leaving a gaping part in the fly area so I just sewed the fly shut and made it a faux fly.  I topstitched the pants with regular thread but you can't tell so I will probably go back and topstitch it with a thicker thread.  Another thing, I wish patterns gave tips on how to sew with particular fabrics.  I own a walking foot and I used it to sew the corduroy, however if I was a novice sewer and tried to sew using a regular sewing foot I would have had a difficult time.
Patch Pocket
Cargo Pocket
I think the pants came out darling and I think my son will love them once he grows into them.  I'm tempted to try sewing the jacket included in this pattern, it's pretty cute and I can make one for each of my littles.  

No comments: